The Real Estate Law Podcast
19 - What To Do When Real Estate Inventory Is Scarce
August 04, 2021
Jason Muth + Rory Gill
Inventory is exceptionally scarce right now. That means that there are way more interested buyers than there are homes available. Open houses have long lines, and most decent places are going under contract way too fast. Buyers don’t have a chance to think, they’re outbid, and they keep losing out on homes for sale.
What can they do:
- Prepare in advance. Have the pre-approval ready to go before looking at houses.
- Be educated. Know what’s in the market so you can move quickly.
- Accept that the first offer is likely going to be a learning experience.
- Look beyond NEW listings. Those are the ones generating the most interest and the bidding wars.
- Properties that have been on the market longer have less competition and more negotiating room. Try to determine why the listing is still there – overpriced, needs specific buyer, has problems, sellers are difficult, etc.
- Look at properties that recently went under agreement. Submit a backup offer while you’re looking elsewhere.
- Jump on properties that are back on market.
- Look at canceled and expired listings.
- Try to buy homes that are listed for rent.
- Look at new construction.
- Craft offer to be flexible for seller.
- Have some patience.
Do you have questions for us? Interesting in working together? Do you have ideas for a future podcast episode? Email us today!
Need a Keynote Speaker, Panelist, Conference Session Moderator, or Podcast Guest? Real Estate Attorney / Broker Rory Gill or Jason Muth are available. Email Rory or Email Jason today!
We're powered by the following sponsors:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate, Greater Boston's progressive real estate brokerage. NextHome Titletown Real Estate is a wholly-owned franchise of NextHome, Inc., the fastest growing real estate franchise in the United States, with 500+ offices and 3,000+ NextHomies in 45 states since 2015.
UrbanVillage Legal, Massachusetts Real Estate Counsel serving savvy property owners, lenders and investors more at UrbanVillageLegal.com.
The Real Estate Law Podcast is hosted by Jason Muth and Attorney / Broker Rory Gill.
This podcast and these show notes are not legal advice, but we hope you find both entertaining and informative.
You can follow our sponsors here:
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on Instagram
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on Facebook
NextHome Titletown Real Estate on LinkedIn
NextHome Titletown Real Estate Search:
UrbanVillage Legal website
Attorney Rory Gill on LinkedIn
The Real Estate Law Podcast, because real estate is more than just pretty pictures and law goes well beyond the paperwork and courtroom arguments. Thank you for listening and for reading these show notes!
Support the show (https://www.urbanvillagelegal.com)Support the show